Why do the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) matter to universities? How can universities play a leading role in achieving these goals? How can we promote the SDGs as a topic of research? Should the SDGs become a criterion when assessing research proposals?
In this session, our guest speakers will discuss the key question of the role of the universities in facilitating the social, environmental and economic development of our societies, and the achievement of the 17 SDGs. Our audience is invited to engage with the panellist during the Q&A.
The panel session will be opened by a keynote speech from Mrs Sandra Pellegrom, the Dutch National Coordinator SDGs.
The panel consist of high-level speakers including:
• Ed Brinksma, President, EUR Executive Board
• Kurt Deketelaere, Secretary-General of LERU
• Eveline Crone, Vice-president of the ERC scientific council, SSH
• Anita Hardon, Chair of the NWO Domain SSH
• Gabi Lombardo, Director of the European Association of SSH
26-01-2021 09:00 - 10:30Hosted by: Meri Georgievska-van de Laar
Messages will be visible for table members and will NOT be shared on Facebook.